Work With Us
Want to join our pack?
Read below to see the kind of pack member we are on the hunt for. If you feel you’d be a great fit, please take your time filling out the form at the bottom to allow us to get to know you a little better before inviting you in for an interview. We take spelling, grammar, and details seriously here so please take your time. We will keep the application screening process open for a week or 2 before we decide on the perfect pack member.
About you, the candidate:
You are a fast learner with passion and dedication to small, local businesses as well as pet health and nutrition. You describe yourself as energetic, efficient, dependable, and open minded. You get extremely excited to learn new things and apply your new knowledge to your life. Our ideal candidate is outgoing, personable, and has fantastic customer service skills. We are looking for a well-balanced pack member who is able to engage with customers and staff in a busy workplace but who is also equally great at sitting quietly and focusing on assigned tasks. You're also vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our perfect Pack Member is incredibly passionate about helping customers solve problems and improving the well-being of their dogs and cats. Candidates must be able to provide exceptional, courteous service no matter what and be comfortable dealing with people (and pets!) of different temperaments and personalities. Pack Members should be even-tempered, detail-oriented, dependable, and efficient. Finally, we are seeking a loyal candidate that has the desire to grow with us long-term as we expand and mature.
Does this sound like you? Great! Continue on.
About the Position:
We're looking for our next sales associate and baking extraordinaire. This person must be available on most Saturdays as well as a few days during the week for us to choose from to schedule and train you.
Within the first 90 days, Pack Members are expected to learn and master our method of customer service including being able to confidently answer the phone, greet and help customers, as well as gracefully deal with any customer issues. You will learn some inventory management skills and be asked to help us prepare for our on-site & off-site events as well as participate in posting on our social media feeds. After the first 90 days the Pack Member will be evaluated to ensure that they are comfortable and confident with all aspects of the Pack Member position.
In your first 90 days we expect our Pack Member to perform and master the following tasks:
Assisting customers the Dog Days Barkery way
Help prepare for store events
Express confidence in problem-solving skills when assisting all customers
Accurately manage inventory including stocking and receiving orders
Ensure the store is “retail ready” every day (cleaning, merchandising)
Engage in various and never-ending in-store projects of a creative nature
Snapping photos of our adorable visitors and posting on our social media pages
- Customer Service- Provide outstanding customer service by being aware of customer needs, answering the phone in a professional manner, being friendly to customers and their pets, demonstrating appropriate behavior around customers' pets and assisting customers carrying heavier items to their vehicle and loading it into their vehicles
- Pet Nutrition- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn about pet nutrition and behavior and communicating this information effectively to customers, both in the store and on the phone
- Sales- Perform sales including assisting customers on the floor, ringing up sales, and assisting customers with carrying purchases to cars
- Inventory- Perform duties related to inventory, including receiving items to be sold in the store, tagging of inventory including pricing; restocking and maintenance of inventory; preparing, counting, reconciling, and overseeing of inventory
- Cleaning- Perform daily cleaning duties. Keep the store neat and clean during store hours, including ensuring immediate clean-up of any accidents from a customer's pet
- Merchandising- Arrange and place merchandise on the shelves according to stated store procedures
Desired and Required Experience:
Must have retail experience
Must be comfortable and competent while working with computers, Apple products, and standard technology/software suites including MS Windows and MS Office
Must love smiling and engaging with customers no matter what is going on personally
Must be able to lift 50lbs or more multiple times a day
Must be able to work on your feet for hours at a time
Must feel comfortable around dogs and cats of any size or demeanor
Must have an unwavering passion for healthy pets, meaningful sales, customer service, and problem solving
Bonus: Pet product knowledge and passion for high quality, natural pet care
About our workplace culture:
Dog Days Barkery has a very unique workplace culture that we are very proud of! Dog Days Barkery is a fun, playful workplace full of exciting challenges and opportunities. In the span of your shift you will encounter dogs that are eager to accept a treat from you. But this is more than just a job where you pet dogs and ring customers up.
We strive to create a workplace where employees benefit from the success of the business and are treated as valuable contributors to our shared mission. All of our Pack Members & Leaders have the opportunity to challenge themselves and add things to their resume during their time here. We want any employee to feel fulfilled, respected, and valued every single day through the tasks that you complete and the customers you help. We constantly check-in with each other to provide feedback to each other while always aiming to build a better workplace and create better experiences for our customers.