Work With Us
Want to join our pack?
Read below to see the kind of pack member we are on the hunt for. If you feel you’d be a great fit, please take your time filling out the form at the bottom to allow us to get to know you a little better before inviting you in for an interview. We take spelling, grammar, and details seriously here so please take your time. We will keep the application screening process open for a week or 2 before we decide on the perfect pack member.
About you, the candidate:
You are a fast learner with passion and dedication to small, local businesses as well as pet health and nutrition. You describe yourself as energetic, efficient, dependable, and open minded. You get extremely excited to learn new things and apply your new knowledge to your life. Our ideal candidate is outgoing, personable, and has fantastic customer service skills. We are looking for a well-balanced pack member who is able to engage with customers and staff in a busy workplace but who is also equally great at sitting quietly and focusing on assigned tasks.
Our perfect Pack Member is incredibly passionate about helping customers solve problems and improving the well-being of their dogs and cats. Candidates must be able to provide exceptional, courteous service no matter what and be comfortable dealing with people (and pets!) of different temperaments and personalities. Pack Members should be even-tempered, detail-oriented, dependable, and efficient. Finally, we are seeking a loyal candidate that has the desire to grow with us long-term as we expand and mature.
Does this sound like you? Great! Continue on.
About the Position:
The position will start at roughly 15-20 hours a week. Starting pay is $9.00 per hour, with the opportunity to potentially increase following the 90-day probationary period and assessment. This person must be available on most Saturdays as well as a few days during the week for us to choose from to schedule and train you.
Within the first 90 days, Pack Members are expected to learn and master our method of customer service including being able to confidently answer the phone, greet and help customers, as well as gracefully deal with any customer issues. You will learn some inventory management skills and be asked to help us prepare for our on-site & off-site events as well as participate in posting on our social media feeds. After the first 90 days the Pack Member will be evaluated to ensure that they are comfortable and confident with all aspects of the Pack Member position.
In your first 90 days we expect our Pack Member to perform and master the following tasks:
- Assisting customers the Dog Days Barkery way
- Help prepare for store events
- Express confidence in problem-solving skills when assisting all customers
- Accurately manage inventory including stocking and receiving orders
- Ensure the store is “retail ready” every day (cleaning, merchandising)
- Engage in various and never-ending in-store projects of a creative nature
- Snapping photos of our adorable visitors and posting on our social media pages
Desired and Required Experience:
- Must have retail experience
- Must be comfortable and competent while working with computers and standard technology/software suites including MS Windows and MS Office
- Must have a high school diploma or GED education level or higher
- Must love smiling and engaging with customers no matter what is going on personally
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more multiple times a day
- Must be able to work on your feet for hours at a time
- Must feel comfortable around dogs and cats of any size or demeanor
- Must have an unwavering passion for healthy pets, meaningful sales, customer service, and problem solving
- Bonus: Pet product knowledge and passion for high quality, natural pet care
About our workplace culture:
Dog Days Barkery has a very unique workplace culture that we are very proud of! Dog Days Barkery is a fun, playful workplace full of exciting challenges and opportunities. In the span of your shift you will encounter dogs that are eager to accept a treat from you. But this is more than just a job where you pet dogs and ring customers up.
We strive to create a workplace where employees benefit from the success of the business and are treated as valuable contributors to our shared mission. All of our Pack Members & Leaders have the opportunity to challenge themselves and add things to their resume during their time here. We want any employee to feel fulfilled, respected, and valued every single day through the tasks that you complete and the customers you help. We constantly check-in with each other to provide feedback to each other while always aiming to build a better workplace and create better experiences for our customers.